Hi all,

I've just found a bug in the tomlj library [1], which prevents the rust cluster to properly parse a well formed Cargo.toml document. So we need an alternate TOML parser for Rust.

I've seen that the author of tomlj is requesting maintainers since 2022, with little success (I've also seen that Laszlo has been curious about mainteinance [2]).

AFAIK the tomlj library is only used in Rust and ide/languages.toml.

Also I found the grammar at [3] (__ASF__ APLv2 license) seems to work correctly in this case.

Questions are:

a) Any problem in replacing tomlj with an alternative?
b) Do we prefer:
b.1) To use an external library?
b.2) To maintain the TOML/ANTLRv4 parser at [3]?
b.3) Anyone wishing to maintain tomlj?

Thanks,
Antonio

[1]