Hi there,

We are planning to migrate from Java 8 and NB 12.4 to Java 17 and NB 19. I
know it works as I run my IDE 19 with Java 17.

Now there is Jigsaw

I there some documentation how to compile Netbeans Platform applications
with JDK 9+ and Maven?

I am trying to understand how Jigsaw modules and the Netbeans modules
(specifically the class loading) can work together (or not).

The thing that I observed is that most (all?) JDK modules are added to the
module path (so completely opened) in the netbeans.conf file.

As I spent some time hacking around with NB platform, dependencies and
Maven, I fear that I will get a lot of issues related to Jigsaw during this
migration attempt.

Any information? Thx in advance for any input

PS: Yes I asked on the user list as well, but I finally found that this is
a better place to ask...