Hi folks,

I've tried a bit of antora to see it with the scale of our site.
Asciidoc is used so no major changes in the content.

Antora needs component to works with split of our site into "module" only
sources,images
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-antora-site  component front (about, blogs,
community, download, help, jackpot, participate, projets)
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-antora-wiki  component wiki (wiki)
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-antora-tutorials component tutorials
(kb,tutorial)

Antora needs playbook to aggregate and build, needs nodes
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-antora
can be customized by extension, I've created one for the rss generation.

Antora needs ui zip for template:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-antora-ui
over there with gulp bundle to generate
for now the 'zip' in commited to repo (as seen in other felix,aries repo)
ui is customized to be close as possible as the current website, no merged css,
no merged js.
wiki index and other gsp template moved to handlebars/helper.
building with gulp give info on scss depreciation, could be also used to lint.

For infrastructure test, I setup a build here.
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-antora-website

Logs of a build:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-antora-website/6/console
you can have a list of missing xref, and list of missing images (fixed as
antora use a image specific folder)
example of log
ERROR (asciidoctor): target of xref not found: wiki::wiki/OSGiAndNetBeans.adoc
    file: modules/ROOT/pages/about/history.adoc
    source: https://github.com/apache/netbeans-antora-site.git (branch: main)

What is missing from the current test (but should not take long to do)
  ns, dtds, (  it should be  possible to generate catalog with custom antora
extension )
  favicon, I miss the git history on this point :/, is it possible to put
favicon, and apple stuff to a subfolder ?
  doapfile
  htaccess, maybe with merge at generation to split what is ide related
(uc,blogs,dtds,ns) vs website redirect

For me, it worth the migration

Best Regards
Eric