Hi Scott,

this might be a combination of a misconfigured webserver and an ignored exception.

we had similar symptoms in CI starting a few days ago and I think I found the cause today:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6673

as test, could you start NB with:
-J-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2

don't forget to remove it again, don't leave it there.

also, this mailing list like most others too does not support images

-mbien