Dear All,

can you imagine using NetBeans API for building something like this
https://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/DocBook_Editing_Support.html ?

I am investigating various ways how to provide open source visual XML
editor. I am aware this is rather complex project requiring lot of effort,
but as DocBook enthusiast I believe the absence of affordable editor is one
of the blocker for adoption this great software publishing platform. My goal
is to help to fill this gap.

I like NetBeans. It is full featured IDE with lot of required functionality
already in place (XML editing, highlighting, code folding and validating in
the source mode). This IDE can be extended via plugins.

So I primarily think this could be viable option. I expect visual mode
(offered by Oxygen) is just code editor with enriched formatting of the tag
content (via CSS).

Any thoughts are highly appreciated.

Jan