Hi all,

I’m currently reviewing the lexer module. This depends either in “antlr" or
"antlr-runtime” (I think it’s “antlr”), so I’ll need to add some stuff to the
“external/binaries-list” and the proper antlr license as well (as in [1]).

But I have some questions:

a) How do I know what the “old” binary & version were? Is this specified
somewhere in nbbuild? If so, where?

b) Let’s assume for a moment that this “lexer" module depends in antlr-runtime
version 3.2. I see there’s another netbeans module “libs.antlr3.runtime” that
depends on antlr-runtime-3.4.jar [1], my question is: should I make a
dependency to antlr-runtime-3.4.jar so as to reduce the number of external
versions or should I keep the antlr-runtime version 3.2?

c) How do I test the build? I.e.: If I add an entry to
lexer/external/binaries-list, how do I test things work properly? Would an “ant
clean && ant try-me” do the check for me? (I wouldn’t like to submit a PR
without testing things first).

Thanks in advance,
Antonio

[1]