> On Oct 9, 2017, at 9:45 AM, Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> For websvc.saas.api/ I see that 2 xsd files, which have the original GPL w/
> CPE + CDDL NetBeans dual license have been moved into an external
> dependency, external/websvc-saas-api-external-resources.zip.

I'm having trouble parsing "have been moved".

Were these files part of the donation? Who/what/when moved them to the .zip?

If they were part of the donation, they can be moved manually into
src/org/netbeans/modules/websvc/saas/model, the license changed, and the build
modified to remove the unzip command.

Craig

> Then, during the build they are copied back into src/
> https://github.com/emilianbold/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/websvc.saas.api/build.xml#L36
>
>> <unzip src="external/websvc-saas-api-external-resources.zip"
> dest="src/org/netbeans/modules/websvc/saas/model"/>
>
> Two things:
>
> * why couldn't these two XSD files be donated too? The seem standard Oracle
> / Sun / NetBeans code.
>
> * assuming Apache elects CDDL (which it has to), what is the legal impact
> on the final resulting JAR which incorporates this "dependency". I assume
> it's fine, but the whole construct is unexpected.
>
> --emi

Craig L Russell
c...@apache.org