I know nothing about LSP, so its been an interesting hour reading up on it…

I did find this though:

https://code.visualstudio.com/blogs/2016/06/27/common-language-protocol
<https://code.visualstudio.com/blogs/2016/06/27/common-language-protocol>

“as well as by Red Hat, who are working to publish a standalone language server
for Java which can be consumed by any tool that utilizes the protocol.”

I assume this is this one: https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.ls
<https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.ls>

Which is used in atom: https://github.com/atom/ide-java
<https://github.com/atom/ide-java>

So could we use the eclipse.jdt.ls as a starting point?

Regards

John