Hi all,

I'd like to set up the JIRA plugin from within NetBeans 8.2 to browse the issues, so I installed the plugin and tried to set up a "Task Repository" (image attached).

I'm getting a 405 Server error: Method not allowed error (log below). After some googling I learned that the XML RPC API has been deprecated [1]. I'm not sure if this is a server error, if the XML RPC API is gone now or if I'm using a bad URL to gain access to JIRA.

Does anyone know how to set up the JIRA plugin to access the issues? Is it still possible to use the XML RPC API or is it gone now?

Thanks,
Antonio

[1] https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/support/archive/jira-rpc-services/jira-xml-rpc-overview

The log
WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.jira.Jira]: validate for [NETBEANS,https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS,,******,vieiro,******] has failed: Server error: (405)Method Not Allowed
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.jira.Jira]
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.JiraServiceUnavailableException: Server error: (405)Method Not Allowed at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.callOnce(JiraSoapClient.java:529) at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.provisional.commons.soap.AbstractSoapClient.call(AbstractSoapClient.java:56) at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.call(JiraSoapClient.java:498) at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.getServerInfo(JiraSoapClient.java:203) at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.JiraClient.getServerInfo(JiraClient.java:420) at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.JiraClientManager.validateConnection(JiraClientManager.java:156) at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.JiraClientFactory.validateConnection(JiraClientFactory.java:165) at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.JiraClientFactory.validateConnection(JiraClientFactory.java:147) at org.netbeans.modules.jira.xmlrpc.XmlRpcJiraConnectorProvider.validateConnection(XmlRpcJiraConnectorProvider.java:142) at org.netbeans.modules.jira.commands.ValidateCommand.execute(ValidateCommand.java:69) [catch] at org.netbeans.modules.jira.commands.JiraExecutor.execute(JiraExecutor.java:131) at org.netbeans.modules.jira.repository.JiraRepositoryController$2.execute(JiraRepositoryController.java:320) at org.netbeans.modules.jira.repository.JiraRepositoryController$TaskRunner.run(JiraRepositoryController.java:388)
        at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
        at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)