On Thursday, January 11, 2018, Gili T. <cow...@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

> Who gets to vote?

Read the end of my e-mail and you will see the answer. Everyone who wants
to vote gets to vote.

> What determines when the final release is made?

Whether the sources in the artifact to be voted on builds or not and
whether the items in the notable changes page are present and working.

> My concern is that I've seen many regressions relative to 8.2 and very few

new features (jdk9 support being the major feature that I am aware of). I
> want to ensure that the vast majority of regressions are fixed prior to a
> release.

You are going to need to list the many regressions right here in this
thread, with a URL to a bug in Issuezilla, otherwise they cannot be taken
into consideration for whether this release will succeed or not.

Note that JDK 9 support is a MASSIVE new feature. Also see the New &
Noteworthy page on the Wiki.

Gj