On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 at 17:58 cowwoc <cow...@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

> The trigger used to be ALT+A. It was changed to ALT+P because of
> conflict with the Refactor pulldown menu.

Historically maybe, but that would appear to not be an issue, because as I
said, it now conflicts with Profile, but that doesn't cause problems?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 at 14:11 cowwoc <cow...@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

> Netbeans has an extremely long (and getting longer) list of keyboard
> shortcuts.

But, we're talking mnemonics not shortcuts here.

> The platform API does not
> allow mapping the same keyboard accelerator to different UI actions
> depending on the context.

This no longer appears to be a valid issue (if it ever was) - there are
lots of context-sensitive mnemonics all over the place.  Or do they not
work reliably cross-platform?

So, surely a PR to change the message for Replace All to move the ampersand
back in front of the A would be all that's needed?

Of course, if Jaroslav let me get
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-427 in, you could write a
plugin to customize them! ;-)

Best wishes,