Hey Emilian,

Am Samstag, den 17.03.2018, 07:45 -0400 schrieb Emilian Bold:
> I really like how each try-with-resources removes at least 2 lines
> (the finally block).

Agreed.

> And I was just using ProgressHandle the other day which is a perfect
> fit for an AutoCloseable resource, so I've created
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/460

PR looks good - I added my +1 in the PR.

> I know at some point we had a large-ish PR adding try-with-resources
> to IO operation. Was that merged?

I think you are meaning this one:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/322

this was indeed merged in:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/commit/202f2cb02af9352f2824b2f6fc1c18dff562f2cb

> I believe we should embrace try-with-resources and AutoCloseable, if
> possible.

Yes - there might be corner cases (very long initializers make TWR
potentially unreadable), but in general I also give that advise to my
colleagues at work.

Greetings,
Matthias