Yes - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-457
is the bug I filed.

It was discovered building jGIt and have spent 2+ days trying to
debug/understand,
but I have been unable to figure it out.

The issue happens with nb82 or nb9beta or latest incubator netbeans git
pull/build.

A requirement of jGit maven config is a newer version of maven.
I needed to dnload a newer version of maven - jGit requires 3.5.2 (if i
remember).
and configure maven in netbeans to use the dnloaded version - not the
builtin,

nb82 has maven has 3.0.5 bundled, and current nb9 git pull version has
maven 3.3.9 bundled.

I am testing with maven 3.5.2 configured within nb9 current git pull/build.

-Gary