Hi all,

I'd like to get ahead of a discussion we'll inevitable end up in if we
don't deal with this before we try to do the release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-312

That issue comes from the IPMC review by Justin McLean for the 2nd attempt
at the Beta release:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5fdb996c8b25e5c48c47e4eca3942b656f690694d767d795524cc960@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

The files in question are:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/css.lib/src/org/netbeans/modules/css/lib/antlrv4.patch

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/html.validation/external/validator.patch

My questions are:

-- what is the problem that is being addressed here, i.e., what does "this
patch file seems to be removing a GPL/CDDL header" and "this patch seems to
be removing a MIT license header" mean?

-- once we know what that means, what can be done to fix the problem?

-- is this a requirement for fixing as a condition for releasing an
incubator release or does it only become relevant once we try to graduate
from the incubator?

Thanks,

Gj