I like the new splash screen.

Regarding what Daniel Gruno said, this is important.

We need a unifying style that covers not only the icon and splash screen but
goes all the way to icons, color palette, fonts, start page, layout, etc.

Of course, doing such a task well is non-trivial even for a designer. And they
will need close help from the developers implementing the UI.

--emi