Hello all,

I was looking into:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-827

My first impression was: Everything is correct. The NOTICE file for
commons-net reads:

Apache Commons Net
Copyright 2001-2017 The Apache Software Foundation

According to the Howto:

http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product

We drop the "This product ..." lines, as these are already covered by
the netbeans NOTICE parts.

This would result in (embedded with the rest of the NOTICE file):

Apache Commons Net
Copyright 2001-2017 The Apache Software Foundation

So I would say: We did everything right - the only problem would be
discoverability inside the file. For that I did (see notice-post.txt in
the PR description for a sample output):

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/559

This being merged, I think we can close the issue as RESOLVED-FIXED.

So was discoverability really the only problem, Mentors, what is your
take on this?

Greetings

Matthias