Hey,

in theory you could rewrite history and force push an update, but that will
break all commits on top of that.

I would create a revert patch, that restores the branch to its previuos state.
History looks a bit more complicated after that, but that should not break
others work.

In general I would prefer if a committer commits bis work himself. He knows
besteht how to handle it. Squash-and-merge is IMHO for corner cases and not for
general usw.

Matthias