Hello Ken,

thanks for your message about the ApacheCon in Montreal. Sounds very promising!

Hopefully, a lot of NetBean users, old and newcomer, will be there!

Regards,
Kai

On 8/7/2018 6:33 PM, Kenneth Fogel wrote:

This year ApacheCon is happening here in my home town of Montreal. I will be presenting “What Makes NetBeans Special” on September 25^th . This may be the first Apache conference now that NetBeans is part of the foundation and it appears that this is the only session on NetBeans. What I’d like to hear from people on this mailing list is what you think I should present. The session is 50 minutes so I want to ensure I am presenting the most important elements. Here is the description of the session I submitted:

“NetBeans is a full featured IDE that does not get in the way of the developer. In this presentation you will see how NetBeans works with many of the standard tools and frameworks. You will see how smoothly NetBeans works with Maven and Git. You’ll also see how NetBeans works with frameworks such as JavaFX, JSF, and others. NetBeans can also be the front-end tool for managing databases and servers and you will be shown how easy this is to do. NetBeans deserves your love and at the end of this presentation you will feel the love.”

I am also doing a session on NetBeans at Code One entitled “Got a Gig Teaching Java? You Should Be Using Apache NetBeans in the Classroom”. It’s not the only session on NetBeans at Code One. Here as well if any of you have ideas that have an education slant then please let me know.

You can contact me directly at kfo...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca <mailto:kfo...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca>

*Ken Fogel*

**

Co- Chairperson and Co-ProgramCoordinator

Computer Science Technology

Dawson College

3040 Sherbrooke St. W

Westmount, Quebec