One note, subdomains can do rollups if using SEO and analytics with one
single point to review, and multiple domains are separate unless cross
domain configuration is required.  Separate domains allows collections and
analytics about your traffic flow by domain.  It all depends on if the data
is worth reviewing and gathering statistics.

Maybe this is an off topic note above.

Regards,

Efrem Mc