On 28/09/18 22:00, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2018, 20:07 Antonio, <anto...@vieiro.net> wrote:

2- http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/index.html
Requires the DNS stuff being in Apache, setting up a repo and a
gitpubsub, will lose previous (5.0-8.2) javadocs.

No it won't. The idea is to redirect 404s back to Oracle, same as already
discussed with infra about the main website.

Ah, I see, so we need Oracle to set up a "legacy.bits.netbeans.org" website with the current content, right? So that all 404s that reach bits.netbeans.org end up in legacy.bits.netbeans.org. Wasn't that the plan?

I recall talking something about a proxy to make the whole thing transparent to the users, but I don't know the details. Maybe you want to lead this after wednesday?

And possibly not /dev to start with, just /9.0 and /10.0?

I suggested earlier not hosting the Javadocs under netbeans.apache.org at
least for now. We could rethink that later, but I think keeping it away
from JBake would be a very good idea!

There's a misunderstanding here, I think.

Hosting the javadocs at netbeans.apache.org does not require JBake at all. It's just copying the generated javadocs in a directory inside the "content" directory in the "asf-site" branch:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-website/tree/asf-site/content

Adding stuff to a directory there and pushing to the "asf-site" branch should be good enough. I can set up a Jenkins job for this quickly if you want to see a demo.

Anyway, shall we run a voting on the approach, including the javadocs.io idea from John?

Thanks,
Antonio

But, yes, is there consensus / disagreement to that approach?

Best wishes,

Neil