OK, will do, but let's move discussion about the current PR to the PR. It's
easier to keep track (

Am 26.11.18, 14:56 schrieb "Christian Lenz" <christian.l...@gmx.net>:

    This is what I meant, I would prefer also to have Java Maven or smth with
Maven and Java Ant otherwise than only haven Java and Java Ant.

    Cheers

    Chris

    Von: Neil C Smith
    Gesendet: Montag, 26. November 2018 14:52
    An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
    Betreff: Re: NetBeans - the UI for Maven

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 at 20:53, Tim Boudreau <niftin...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > There's a UI principle Joel Spolsky expounded years ago:  Never force the
    > user into a choice they don't care about.

    Not sure if that was meant as a direct reply to me or not, but I
    completely agree with that ...

    > A lot of users of NetBeans are new to Java or new to programming
    > altogether. They don't know what Ant, Maven or Gradle are, and won't
    > understand what they are for a long time.

    ... however, from a couple of conversations I've had recently with
    new-ish programmers, I'm not sure I agree with hiding the fact that
    there *is* a build system when not forcing a decision.

    I'm mostly +1 to Toni's PR as a good first step, but personally I
    think it would be better to be more explicit in the name and
    description that the project uses Maven -

    eg. Java Application with Maven - A Java application using the default
    Maven build system.

    Is there also an issue if we just move the Maven template with the
    same name in place of the Ant one that a load of old tutorials, etc.
    will be confusingly wrong?

    Best wishes,

    Neil