Hi Ondro,

Il giorno mer 30 gen 2019 alle ore 10:08 Ondro Mihályi <
ondrej.miha...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Although the project creation dialog refers to Java EE in one select box,

it allows choosing Tomcat and only adds dependencies present in Tomcat. In
> addition, if there was a plugin for generating Ant-based Spring Boot apps,
> it could also be in this category, as it would be a Java Web project,
> although a separate SpringBoot type packaged as JAR.
> - Ondro

While creating an Ant project using Spring Boot is entirely possible it is
not recommended as Spring Boot heavily relies on a build tool with
dependency management capabilities (see
https://docs.spring.io/spring-boot/docs/current/reference/html/using-boot-build-systems.html
).

The NB Spring Boot plugin I created intentionally adds items to the Maven
category for this reason. Now that Gradle support is in master it could be
worth having a look at supporting Spring Boot Gradle projects too.

Greets,
Alessandro