It seems that the SIL Open Font License is APLv2 compatible

https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

I don't know why you call it "standard". I'm currently using IBM Plex Mono (SIL as well).

https://www.ibm.com/plex/gallery/

I'd love having a Look and Feel with IBM Plex Fonts (both Sans & Mono) for the whole UI.

Cheers,
Antonio