Hi Brad,

Am Freitag, den 29.03.2019, 13:43 -0600 schrieb Brad Walker:
> I'm interested in helping w/ development. So I was thinking that I could
> fix some of the "low-hanging" issues that would be easy for me to complete.
> This would also help me with learning the process.
>
> There are several places in the code where the following Java code exists.
> Class<?> clz = Class.forName(cslLanguageClass, true, myClassLoader);
> Object o = clz.newInstance();
>
> This causes the following error when compiling.
>
>    [repeat]
> /home/bwalker/src/netbeans-10.0-test/ide/csl.api/anttask/src/org/netbeans/modules/csl/CslJar.java:274:
> warning: [deprecation] newInstance() in Class has been deprecated
>    [repeat]       Object o = clz.newInstance();

I think this is a worthwhile effort. Everybody will benefit from a
better signal-to-noise ration in compiler warnings.

Before going through the whole code-base, a prototype with one or two
modules would be good. As you've seen by the reply from Tim there can
be immediate feedback.

I would appreciate it.

Greetings

Matthias