Can you run Maven in debug mode? That is done using the -X flag. I'd
suggest only doing so on the specific project that's having trouble.
Specifically,

<NIFI_ROOT>/nifi-external/nifi-storm-spout

The output is super verbose so I'd also recommend directing that to a file.
Wondering if there is an more details about why its failing.