In nodejs/npm world, each module has package.json, which declaratively indicate
which node version and other external modules it depends on.
Similarly I am thinking  Nar modules can declare which version of JVM and NiFi
it depends on and also which other modules it depends on.  NPM ( NiFi Package
Manager) can warn users if the module they are trying to   Install doesn't
match their runtime.

-Sumo

Sent from my iPad