Hi Mark,

Glad to hear you were able to get started building processors, and glad
that blog post helped!

I pulled down your code and built and deployed it. It looks like the issue
is that your processors pom has a dependency on:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
<artifactId>nifi-standard-processors</artifactId>
<version>0.4.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

Which means your NAR ends up having the standard processors jar in it, but
they are also deployed in nifi-standard-nar which causes some problems. You
can see the jar is there by looking
in
work/nar/extensions/nifi-bigdata-nar-1.0.nar-unpacked/META-INF/bundled-dependencies/.

I removed that dependency from the pom and it looked like the only
compilation errors were on some missing json related libraries (jackson and
json path). I added these to your processor pom and it seems to deploy now:

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.jayway.jsonpath</groupId>
    <artifactId>json-path</artifactId>
    <version>2.0.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
    <artifactId>jackson-mapper-asl</artifactId>
    <version>1.9.13</version>
</dependency>

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Bryan