Lei,

Are you interested in debugging Jetty or NiFi's UI?

Assuming you're referring to the NiFi UI, you'll need to rebuild because by
default all the JS/CSS files are aggregated and minified. When you rebuild,
you'll need to disable the minify-and-compress maven profile. Assuming your
running from the command line it would look something like this:

$ mvn clean install -P\!minify-and-compress

The ! tells maven to disable the profile while the \ is escaping the ! in
your shell. If your building through an IDE then you likely wouldn't need
the !. The resulting build ends up in
nifi/nifi-assembly/target/nifi-<version>-bin/nifi-<version>.

Once you launch NiFi you should be able to use the developer tools in your
browser to debug the client side Javascript that allows most of the UI to
happen.

If you're interested in debugging the server side of things (Jetty or NiFi
REST API), then you'll want to attach the remote debugging as you've
already done and add breakpoints to any Jetty class or the NiFI REST API
which is located here:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-api/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/web/api

Matt