Some thoughts as well.

- This will really differentiate NIFI from other open source projects that
have a central model similar to Nifi but are too large to place on small
devices.
- This will enable anyone creating a project with devices whether they are
refrigerators, security systems, power generation systems, or turbines to
have real time data accurately and securely to push data to a system for
processing.
- Building the agents in other environments outside of the JVM will expand
the reach of NIFI far beyond where it is today.

Some questions:

Will MiNifi be protocol based or API based?  I am asking this question
because if we make NIFI protocol based, then others can be free to create
new agent implementations.

Are we going to use an existing protocol such as MQTT, AMQP, or STOMP?

Joshua Davis