In case any of you are following along here...

In updating Processors to use the new state management API, I found that there
were a few use cases that
were a bit hard to accommodate with the proposed API so I have updated the API
a bit, making it simpler, so that
state is just retrieved/set by using a Map. This lends itself well to modifying
multiple key/value pairs in the state
atomically. I have updated the Feature Proposal to reflect this.

Thanks
-Mark