On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We should also have a discussion on how long we should be committed to
> supporting the 0.x line and what that means.  We need to document a
> commitment for the community.

Worth a dedicated thread?

Presuming that we're going to use "1.0.0" as the start of a stricter
versioning policy, I think the first issue is deciding how long we'll
support major versions once that happens. If the expectation is that
"pre-1.0" versions involve more latitude as we work out what NiFi
needs to better find a fit for the public good, then I think it's
reasonable for our continuing support period to be less than a
'normal' major version. But we have to know what that looks like
first.

--
Sean