I think it's actually a great time to include NIFI 1461 to improve the RPM
with a non-root user and group.  With respect to backward compatibility,
0.5.0 will also include a fix for NIFI-1454, and I'm skeptical that anyone
was successfully using the RPM output from the Maven build before that
fix.  As part of NIFI-1454, we have changed the name of the RPM from
"nifi-assembly" to just "nifi", which I believe would break any upgrade
chain.

Suggested text for the migration notes:

The RPM distribution has been significantly improved.  The name of the RPM
is now "nifi".  The NiFi RPM installation will now create a "nifi" user and
group to own the installed files, while retaining and reusing existing
"nifi" users and groups.  RPM users should install the RPM as a new package
install, rather than an upgrade, and port their configuration and
repository data to the new installation.