I did a full build with Maven, took the generated zip
(nifi-0.6.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip), unzipped it, and executed the run-nifi.bat.
So it is a clean instance. As you said, the local-provider is correctly set:

    <local-provider>
        <id>local-provider</id>

<class>org.apache.nifi.controller.state.providers.local.WriteAheadLocalStateProvider</class>
        <property name="Directory">./state/local</property>
    </local-provider>