As far as the wrapper script, I'm in favor of the manual process for the
SHA256.  The arbitrary shell commands/processes in the Maven build feel too
brittle across operating systems and this is multiplied in conjunction with
a maintained follow on script(s).  Overall would prefer just incurring the
"expense" on the RM to do so manually once these artifacts have been
generated through the process currently in place.