Github user joewitt commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/280#issuecomment-211956655

    thanks @markobean and @jskora .  What do you think about making ignore
newlines only be honored/supported when not using the new features you're
planning to include or only in very specific configurations?  I ask because
this, admittedly mistaken, feature is used a lot.  Ultimately if that seems to
unwieldy we can punt that feature in 1.0, add your new capabilities, and
support end of line removal on ReplaceText instead.  We just need to remember
to document this in the migration guide for 1.0 as this could cause some pretty
funky behavior changes for folks.

    What do you think?

---
with INFRA.