I am trying to use a ExecutesSQL process to check if a file has already been
processed.

Files are flowing into our nifi and we have it set up to move files to
another folder. Once the file is moved, we just log the history into MYSQL.

I want to have it check if the filename is already in the db, thus checking
if we have already processed this file.

SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE ${filename} = File_Name(this is the column header in
our MYSQL.)

I have yet to get anything besides an error being generated saying my sql
statement is incorrect. Am I going about this the wrong way? Does anyone
have a better way of checking this sort of thing? I have added in future
file names(as the file names are predictable) but it still will give me an
error.