Glad Ricky's guidance got you passed that point.  You can now use
UpdateAttribute processor before the PutHDFS processor.  Here is a
format string to do what you mention.  Create a property in update
attribute called
'hadoop.dir' and give it a value of
'/somepath/${now():format('yyyy/MM/dd/HH')}/'

pradeepbill wrote
> Hi Joe , sorry for the trouble , I did subscribe now, can you see me
> subscribed ?
>
> Thanks
> Pradeep
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 13, 2016, at 10:21 AM, Joe Witt [via Apache NiFi Developer List]
>> <

> ml-node+s39713n10237h89@.nabble

> > wrote:
>>
>> Pradeep,
>>
>> Note: You are still not subscribed to the mailing list.  Still
>> requires manual intervention.  Can you forward the email that was sent
>> to subscribe to the mailing list to '[hidden email]' please.  If
>> it contained certain formatting it may have been rejected.
>>
>> Glad Ricky's guidance got you passed that point.  You can now use
>> UpdateAttribute processor before the PutHDFS processor.  Here is a
>> format string to do what you mention.  Create a property in update
>> attribute called
>> 'hadoop.dir' and give it a value of
>> '/somepath/${now():format('yyyy/MM/dd/HH')}/'
>>
>> Then in PutHDFS set the 'directory' property to a value of
>> '${hadoop.dir}'
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe
>>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:13 AM, pradeepbill <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > hi Ricky, quick update, I was able to save files in parquet
>> format.Followed
>> > your steps totally.Thanks for the  help.Also , how can I save the files
>> in
>> > hdfs in year/month/day folders, like files generated on 2016/05/13,
>> should
>> > go into respective folders etc.PutHDFS can do that ?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > PRadeep
>> >

>> > --
>> Nabble.com.

>> below:
>> http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/parquet-format-tp10145p10237.html
>> To unsubscribe from parquet format, click here.
>> NAML

Joe, The problem i see here is , the parquet files are saved in the hdfs
folder where the dataset is located , how do I tell StoreInKiteDataset to
move them ?, I dont see any property for that.