Github user alopresto commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/452#issuecomment-220464739

    @mcgilman thanks for the response above. It feels a little to me like the
authorizer has gotten conflated with user and group management tasks. If the
authorizer' responsibility is strictly to manage and enforce policy, then we
probably want a `UserService` to manage user retrieval, modification, etc.
Maybe this is injected into the authorizer to allow various identity provider
implementations (LDAP, Kerberos, etc.) to work with various authorizers
(Ranger, NiFi internal, etc.) I'm not going to hold up this step with the
understanding there are still more design decisions to be made.

---
with INFRA.
---