Pat,

There's a few ways of skinning this cat but the common approach is to make
use of Tinkerpop's Gremlin using Groovy.

I would then suggest tying the Groovy code with NiFi's ExecuteScript
processor. This would ensure your code is reasonably re-usable across
different Graph DBs (as long they implement the usual Tinkerpop stuff).

This comment http://stackoverflow.com/a/33830733/888876 and this TinkerPop
wiki https://github.com/tinkerpop/gremlin/wiki/Using-Gremlin-through-Groovy
should shed some light on the Gremlin Groovy syntax.

Cheers