I do agree. Unfortunately, I was a bit off, apparently, when I said "an issue a
while back."
It turns out that the ticket was 1726 [1], which was fixed in 0.6.1.

To determine if this is what is biting you, could you do a thread-dump
(bin/nifi.sh dump thread-dump.txt)
and then look in that file for "FileSystemRepository" and see what it is doing?

Thanks
-Mark

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1726>