That makes sense. You may want to take into consideration the following
lifted from the spec:

The name portion of a fullname, record field names, and enum symbols must:

   - start with [A-Za-z_]
      - subsequently contain only [A-Za-z0-9_]

Thus, you may want to replace any other characters with perhaps a "_". It
wold be nice if the kiteSDK or another Avro processor provided an option to
substitute illegal characters with a valid on.

Hope that helps.

Andrew