From: Joe Witt [mailto:joe.w...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 1:51 PM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Externally update processor State

Peter,

The state management function the is built-in is to allow processors to
set/interact with their own managed state.  We did not intend for that to be
something someone external to the processor could interact with directly.
Rather, that is what properties are expected to be used for.

So far the couple of requests like this I've seen are where there is a sort of
human in the process flow going on - like a workflow manager.
Can you describe the details of your use case/ideal user experience a bit
further?

Thanks
Joe