Hello,

NiFi can gather data from as many sources as needed. When data is brought
into NiFi it is written into NiFi's internal repositories and stored there
as it moves through the graph of processors, the data can then be delivered
to any desired system.

To bring data from a database to HDFS you would likely use the ExecuteSQL
or QueryDatabase processor to get the data out of the database, then some
intermediary processors if you need to convert the data, and then PutHDFS
to write the data to HDFS.

Thanks,

Bryan