We use NiFi for an ETL feed. On one of the lines, we use a custom
processor, *VelocityTemplating* (calls Apache Velocity), which work very
well and indeed is imperceptibly fast when run locally on the same data
(template, VTL macros, substitution fodder). However, in production it's
another matter. What takes no time at all in local runs takes minutes in
that environment.

I'm looking for suggestions as to a) why this might be and b) how best to
go about examining/debugging it. I think I will soon have remote-access to
the production machine (a VPN must be set up).

Thanks,

Russ