Team,

It is indeed that time again to submit our board report for Apache
NiFi.  Please see the below draft.  If you have any suggested
additions, subtractions, or edits please advise.

I'll submit the report in a few days (well ahead of the Oct 12 deadline).

Thanks
Joe

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to
process and distribute data.
 - Apache MiNiFi, a child project of Apache NiFi, is an edge data
collection agent built to seamlessly integrate with and leverage the
command and control of NiFi. There are both Java and C++
implementations.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Apache NiFi 0.7.0 and Apache MiNiFi 0.0.1 Java implementation was produced.
 - The first release of Apache MiNiFi's C++ based implementation was produced.
 - The Apache NiFi 1.0.0 release occurred as the culmination of more
than a years worth of discussion, planning, and contributions.
 - Preparations are underway to produce an Apache NiFi 0.7.1 and 1.1.0
release in the short term.

## Health report:
 - Activity on mailing lists, JIRA, Git remains strong including code
contributions from 47 different individuals in this period.
 - We've introduced new committers, PMC members, and recent reviews of
the pipeline suggest both committer and PMC progression is very
promising.
 - Recent efforts have occurred to work down the PR backlog and to
close out stagnant submissions.
 - The JIRA open/close rate was excellent during the 1.0 release push.
We need to continue to monitor this and ideally have periods where
closure exceeds creation.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 15 PMC members.
 - "ToBe Announced" was added to the PMC on Oct TBD 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 26 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Koji Kawamura was added as a committer on Wed Jul 20 2016
    - Yolanda Davis was added as a committer on Sat Jul 30 2016
    - Andre Fucs De Miranda was added as a committer on Sun Aug 07 2016
    - Rob Moran was added as a committer on Mond Sep 19 2016

## Releases:

 - minifi 0.0.1 was released on Sun Jul 10 2016
 - nifi 0.7.0 was released on Tue Jul 12 2016
 - nifi 1.0.0 was released on Tue Aug 30 2016
 - minifi c++ 0.0.1 was released on Fri Sep 2 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - We introduced an issues list and moved many dev emails there which
has improved the quality of discussion on dev.

 - us...@nifi.apache.org:

 - dev@nifi.apache.org:

 - iss...@nifi.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: