Matt - No, I am not seeing this expected behavior. Nothing is being routed
to "retry" as expected. IF I set "Always Output Response" = true the
"Response" relationship is triggered and even in there you can see the
"invoke.http.statuscode=502" I have attached a screenshot to show you what
I mean. Looking at the code the only possible explanation for this would be
that the incoming flowfile == null. Since my "InvokeHTTP" is a simple "GET"
with no incoming flowfile I believe that the line at [1] is not being
invoked as expected because the property at [2] is not set. However I do
not want to set that property.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/InvokeHTTP.java#L596
[2]