OK, so these are generally the default values for most linux systems. These are
a little low,
though for what NiFi recommends and often needs. With these settings, you can
easily run
out of open file handles. When this happens, trying to access a file will
return a FileNotFoundException
even though the file exists and permissions all look good. As a result, NiFi
may be failing to
delete the data simply because it can't get an open file handle.

The admin guide [1] explains the best practices for configuring these settings.
Generally, after updating
these settings, I think you have to logout of the machine and login again for
the changes to take effect.
Would recommend you update these settings and also search logs for
"FileNotFound" as well as
"NoSuchFile" and see if that hits anywhere.

[1]
http://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#configuration-best-practices

On Dec 14, 2016, at 8:25 PM, Alan Jackoway