I notice that the server takes a minute or so to come up after running
nifi.sh start. I think the first few times I tried running nifi, I tried
connecting to the server immediately after running nifi.sh. Obviously I
couldn't connect as the server wasn't up yet. Maybe I tried to rerun the
script which could have caused clashes for the 8080 port.

This is just a guess, I'm not sure if this is the reason. But everything
seems to be working fine now. Thanks a lot Oleg.

Pushkar