What tends to happen with these infrequent flows is that not only are they
infrequent but they also tend to change from one run to the next.  Thus the
first time there might be a string of processes but the next time (based on
lessons learned from the first time) the run is modified, or a new branch is
added in the middle.  Thus in a sense the flows are in a continual state of
modification/development.

The way this would be used is that  the processors in a flow would be
configured to run once.  Then on a particular run the user shift-clicks to
select the portions  of the flow which should run.  Then with multiple
components selected they click on the Start in the Operate palette.   As each
processor finishes  its visual state goes back to stopped so that at the end of
the run all the processors are stopped and ready for the next “ad-hoc” run.

Naz Irizarry
MITRE Corp.
617-893-0074