Shanka,

The Fetch/PutElasticsearch processors are built to be part of the ES cluster,
and IIRC Elasticsearch says that this should be compatible against dot releases
for a particular major/minor version, so I think ours are built against 2.1.x.
These might work with ES 2.2.0 but they do not "guarantee" it. Likewise the ES
5 processors are built with ES 5.0.1 so they should work with 5.0.x and most
likely won't work with an ES 2.x cluster.

There is a set of HTTP processors (Fetch/PutElasticsearchHttp for example) that
are more robust in terms of which versions of ES clusters they support, as
these processors use the more stable REST API versus the more volatile (but
more performant) native transport API.

Regards,
Matt